Friday, April 3, 2009

Amazing Skin That's Affordable!!!

Makeup is fun to play and experiment with and is meant to enhance a woman's natural beauty. However, if skin isn't taken care of properly, it doesn't matter what we put on our faces, we won't get the best results. The best piece of beauty advice I received was to always take off my makeup. It prevents future breakouts, blackheads and scarring.
As your Bollywood Makeup Whiz (BMW), I'd love to share some great skin-care products that I absolutely love! Since I'm a product junkie, I've tried almost everything and I've noticed that the best results aren't always reached with the most expensive products. Here are some amazing skin-care products on a beauty budget!


For the eyes:

Since I love playing up my eyes with makeup, there's a lot that I need to take off and not a lot of products have successfully taken off ALL of my makeup. After much experimenting, I found that Olay's Mascara + Make-up Remover is a life saver. You can use it as an all-over makeup remover, but I simply use a cotton ball and squirt a dime-size amount per eye. After carefully rubbing the eye area in small circles all of my eye makeup is removed (even the hard to remove waterproof kind)!



Cleansing:

I then cleanse my skin with a beautiful smelling, gentle cleanser- St. Ives' Olive Cleanser. This is a fabulous product that is also easy on the budget and- most importantly it cleanses the skin thoroughly without stripping all of the skin's natural oils. My skin doesn't feel tight or dry,


plus it smells divine!








Exfoliating:

There's a general rule of thumb that you should not exfoliate more than 3 times a week. However, it does depend on the product. Some facial scrubs can tear gentle skin on the face because they are too harsh- these scrubs should 'never' be used. However, a great, gentle scrub that I like to use everyday is Biore's Pore Unclogging Scrub for Blemish Prone Skin. This is an affordable product, it smells wonderful and most importantly it leaves skin feeling smooth. Every week, I add a little bit of granulated sugar and mix it together with this scrub for an extra deep exfoliant. If you exfoliate regularly, it helps declog pores, makes skin glow and makes your makeup look smooth and flawless. Isn't that what every girl wants?






Toner:
I have to admit- I don't always use this step, but it is important to make sure that all of your makeup is removed. Caryl Baker Visage has an amazing Citrus Toner that feels so wonderful on the skin. This is the only slightly pricier item at $27 for a 250ml bottle, but a little goes a long way.



Moisturize:

I find that moisturizers are so individual that there's no one product that's universally usable. However, that's a whole other topic...


In the meantime, enjoy your makeup and remember to take care of your skin now- it'll thank you later!














No comments:

Post a Comment